Monday, September 26, 2011

Soup and Rain

I woke up yesterday morning feeling quite awful. G.I. Joe has bombarded me with medications ever since then, the most embarrassing of which is when I laid on the floor face down and screamed that I didn't want to take a throat lozenge. It also took me half an hour to drink a shot of Dyquil. Needless to say, my dignity is not intact anymore. It's hard to protest when you sound like Donald Duck.

The climax to this story is that we went to the store last night (G.I. Joe tried to make me stay home, but I am stubborn and not very bright) to get some sick rations. We made a beeline for the soup aisle and- horrors of horrors- they were completely out. No Campbells, no Progresso, nothing. We found the last little can of soup and snatched it up before the hyenas got to it. That, along with some Nyquil, was my diet last night.

Thankfully, fall was officially upon us today, and it was rainy and ugly. While this was ideal for being a bum, it doesn't help people who love summer, like me. And we only had three weeks of summer this year. I considered forcing my wrath upon the state, but instead decided to share all my favorite Washington summer pictures. Unfortunately, being that this is Washington, there aren't many good summer pictures.


I walk on this trail everyday. I like it because it's pretty. The dogs like it because there are BUNNIES!

But sometimes we get bored and desire mud and disgusting smells. So we make the five minute journey to this place; along the way, we have the pleasure of Divity losing control of all her bodily functions.


Huh. That picture looked much nicer when it was big. Look at all that gross stuff. The dogs love it. Go figure.


The beach is like dog crack. Also, I'm thinking of buying dog sunglasses because it would be hilarious.

 If I'm feeling like I really need to hate my life, I bring along our neighbor's dog. That's her about to tackle me.


Notice that the Nugget is not in any of these pictures. He doesn't like water, because anywhere we go he ends up practically drowning while the other dogs aren't even up to their ankles.

Thank goodness there is a nice little hiking trail right by the beach where he can go and collect ticks. I can't complain too much because Jordan and I showed up at just the right time for this.


Those are, in fact, raspberries. They were so pretty, we didn't want to eat them. Until I made raspberry oat bars.

This is Capitol Lake, in downtown Olympia. During the summer, people hang out here to smoke pot and have drum circles. Yeah, I don't know. But the grass is sure nice.


It was a whopping 85 degrees that day. Scorching.

But do not fear. My world is bigger than just Capitol Lake. Take this area, for example. It's right in between the small towns of "I think you missed that turn" and "Are you sure this is where we're supposed to go."



We go there to have shooting contests, play in the mud, destroy the axles on our trucks, and be classy. Observe:


Yeah. That's pure dignity.

One of the best parts about living in Washington is that we can make day trips to the Olympic Peninsula. Don't be fooled by the fact that these pictures were taken in the middle of July. It was beyond cold. I wore my galoshes.

I wore them to Ocean Shores...


...to go look at gigantic plants...

   

...and to go to Ruby Beach.


No, that picture wasn't taken during the winter. That was during the heat of the summer. Which is why galoshes are so important.


Galoshes definitely come in handy.

Don't let me turn you off of Washington. Bear in mind that I am from New Mexico, where rain is the most valuable thing around. Before G.I. Joe and I went to go visit family down south, they all begged us to bring the rain with us. We did, and the entire state ended up being under a flash flood warning. 

Go big or go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment